If you're as obsessed with coconut and almond butter as we are...this slice is probably your spirit animal.
Coconut, one of nature’s most abundant treats, is full of powerful fatty acids that makes it packed with health benefits and oh-so-delicious! Coconut is high in electrolytes, great for rehydration, helps with weight loss, reduced cholesterol, hormone and blood-sugar balance and amazing for boosted energy.
Oats contain many different vitamins and minerals, such as phosphorus and magnesium and are also high in antioxidants. Put together with dates, which are rich in Vitamins A and K, B vitamins, fibre, iron and potassium, and you’ve got yourself a decadent dessert that is as good for your body as it tastes!
Now, time for the recipe:
Raw, Gluten Free, Vegan, Dairy Free
Makes approximately 30 squares
- 1 cup of coconut flakes, toasted
- ½ cup of oats (use GF if required)
- ½ cup of syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract/essence
- Blend the coconut flakes in a food processor at high speed until shredded.
- Add the rest of the base ingredients into the food processor and blend until combined (if dry and crumbly add more syrup until sticky).
- Press into a lined baking tray and freeze.
- Soak the dates in boiling water for 10 minutes, then drain.
- Add all the caramel ingredients to the processor and blitz until well combined. Add a splash of water if necessary and blitz again until smooth.
- Pour over the base and freeze for 3 hours.
- Cut into squares and enjoy! Stores well in the fridge for a few days.