A simple salad that is sure to soon become your go-to favourite!
- 2 cups cooked couscous
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- Drizzle of olive oil and vinegar to taste
- Handful baby spinach leaves
- Basil pesto
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced
- Fresh cucumber, chopped
- Cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Half an avocado, sliced
- Fresch parsley & mint leaves, finely chopped
- Sunflower seeds, toasted, for topping
- 1 lemon zest finely grated & juice (to taste)
- Salt to taste
Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add in the couscous and cook for about 5-10 minutes, then drain.
Once cooked, add in the rest of the ingredients and mix well. Drizzle with olive oil and add salt to taste, before serving and enjoying this wholesomely delicious meal!
(Enjoy warm or cover then refrigerate until cool)