Lemon Poppy Seed Cookies
For thousands of years, the poppy plant has been praised for its beneficial and medicinal seeds (and oil). The ancient Romans and Greeks, along with other civilisations, even documented their use of poppy seeds from 3,000 years ago. They’re high in manganese, calcium, copper, zinc, iron, healthy fats (omega-6s) and fibre.
Whip up these flavour bombs in just 15 minutes! Not only are these cookies super simple - they're vegan, gluten free, dairy free and - of course - delicious. Perfect to enjoy on their own, or with a cup of your favourite warm drink…
Gluten free, dairy free, vegan (optional)
Makes 12 Cookies
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- 2 tsp. poppy seeds
- 1 tsp. finely grated lemon/orange zest
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil or melted coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract / essence
- Preheat oven to 150C and line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Melt olive oil/coconut oil and syrup/honey together to combine.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir with fork to combine. Roll into 12 balls and place on baking tray, pressing down lightly with the back of a fork.
- Place in the middle of oven to bake for 15 minutes or until lightly golden. Cool completely on tray and enjoy!