"Cookies make the world a better place..." and oh how we couldn't agree more! If you're a fellow regular Freshcie, you'll also know how much we love nut butter...so without further ado, we give you a quick and easy, gluten-free peanut butter cookie sandwich.
- 2 cups oat flour (or ground oats)
- 1 cup another flour of choice (for this recipe, we loved either coconut or spelt)
- ¼ cup milk of choice
- ½ cup coconut oil or butter unsalted
- ½ cup xylitol or coconut sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- Dash of cinnamon
- Pinch of vanilla
- Peanut butter! (or your favourite nut butter of choice)
- Preheat oven to 180’c, and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Combine your dry ingredients together with butter and milk, and knead well.
- Roll out and flatten your cookie dough with a rolling pin, then cut out your circular shaped cookies with a cookie cutter.
- Bake the cookies for around 15 minutes, until they’re golden brown. Sprinkle with some xylitol icing sugar (optional) and leave them to cool.
- Once cooled, store in an airtight container and enjoy them with your favourite nut butter, tea or coffee.
* FRESCH TIP: Turn these cookies into ‘peanut butter sandwiches’ by adding some peanut butter in between 2 cookies and enjoy this delectable treat! (Warning, extremely addictive...)