Roasted Beetroot Quinoa Salad
We have an amazing recipe for you this week that's both delicious and very simple to make!
Full of flavour, high in fibre and healthy fat and oils. Beetroot is also a fantastic food for your tummy and heart!
Serves 4 | Vegetarian
- 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 3 beetroots cubed
- 3 cups of baby spinach and rocket leaves
- 1/2 cup goats cheese
- 2 Tbsp parsley
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar / reduction
- Handful of Sunflower seeds and Pumpkin seeds
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 cucumber
- 2 squeezes of lemon, plus more to taste
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 garlic clove
- Black pepper to paste
- Drizzle olive oil
- Heat oven to 180C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place cubed beetroot pieces on tray, sprinkle with olive/coconut oil and balsamic oil and salt, then toss to coat - making sure all the beetroot is covered in oil. Place in oven to cook for 30-40 minutes.
- Cook your quinoa with ¾ cup water, until absorbed and tender. Fluff with a fork and set aside while you make your guacamole.
- To make the guacamole, simply blend together your ingredients until your desired consistency.
- Lightly toast your seeds on a small pan over medium heat.
- To assemble the salad, use the quinoa as you base and add the roasted beetroot, leaves, feta, parsley, guacamole, crumbled goats cheese, sprinkle of seeds.
- Also a great meal to prepare beforehand and store in a jar or container for a busy day on-the-go!