We have an amazing recipe for you this week that's both delicious and very simple to make!
Full of flavour, high in fibre and healthy fat and oils. Beetroot is also a fantastic food for your tummy and heart!
Serves 4 | Vegetarian
- 1/4 cup uncooked quinoa
- 3 beetroots cubed
- 3 cups of baby spinach and rocket leaves
- 1/2 cup goats cheese
- 2 Tbsp parsley
- Pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar / reduction
- Handful of Sunflower seeds and Pumpkin seeds
- 2 avocados
- 1/4 cucumber
- 2 squeezes of lemon, plus more to taste
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 garlic clove
- Black pepper to paste
- Drizzle olive oil
- Heat oven to 180C and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Place cubed beetroot pieces on tray, sprinkle with olive/coconut oil and balsamic oil and salt, then toss to coat - making sure all the beetroot is covered in oil. Place in oven to cook for 30-40 minutes.
- Cook your quinoa with ¾ cup water, until absorbed and tender. Fluff with a fork and set aside while you make your guacamole.
- To make the guacamole, simply blend together your ingredients until your desired consistency.
- Lightly toast your seeds on a small pan over medium heat.
- To assemble the salad, use the quinoa as you base and add the roasted beetroot, leaves, feta, parsley, guacamole, crumbled goats cheese, sprinkle of seeds.
- Also a great meal to prepare beforehand and store in a jar or container for a busy day on-the-go!