Thrive lentil salad with Spring Veg by Alex Royal, the cofounder of thrive-wellness.co.za .
Alex and her qualified team, have designed a safe and effective way to support our bodies natural detox system using whole foods and delicious recipes, like this one!
- 1,5 cups dry brown lentils
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large leek, roughly chopped (about 1 cup)
- 250g asparagus, cut into pieces
- Himalayan salt, to season
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 0,5 red onion, chopped
- 0,5 cup chopped fresh herbs of choice (Chives, Coriander or tarragon would all work well)
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Optional garnish – Crimson microherbs
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Rinse the lentils and put them in a saucepan filled with salted water, and bring to a boil.
- Decrease the heat to a simmer, and cook for 20-25 minutes, or until lentils are tender yet chewy (check them often so as not to overcook).
- While the lentils are cooking, prepare the other veggies: In a large sauté pan, warm the olive oil over medium heat. Add the leek and asparagus, sprinkle with salt and give them a good stir, and cook for 5-7 minutes. or until asparagus is tender. Add the garlic and cook an additional 2 minutes.
- Make the dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- When the lentils are done cooking, drain them and scoop into a large salad bowl.
- Fold the asparagus mixture into the bowl and dress while everything is warm.
- Mix in the parsley, any additional fresh herbs of choice and walnuts
- Top with some micro herbs for that finishing touch, and enjoy