Warm Winter Blueberry Crumble
This mouth watering recipe will leave your hearts (and tummies) feeling warm and happy 😍 Our current favourite recipe from our fellow Fresch foodie, Angie aka. The Good Roots
● 1 ½ cup rolled oats
● 1 cup almond flour
● 2 tbsps chia seeds
● 1 tbsp cinnamon
● 1 tsp mixed spice ( or ½ tsp nutmeg, ½ tsp cloves)
● Pinch of salt
● ½ cup slivered almonds
● ½ cup shredded coconut (or flakes)
● ⅓ cup coconut sugar or honey
● 2 tbsps almond butter
● ½ cup coconut oil, melted (or ghee)
1. Preheat the oven to 180 C.
2. In a medium casserole/baking or round pie dish, combine all the filling ingredients.
3. Combine the oats, almond flour, cinnamon, salt, almonds and coconut in a mixing bowl.
4. Melt the coconut oil and combine with coconut sugar or honey and almond butter then
add the mixture to the dry ingredients and stir until everything is covered.
5. Scoop the crumble on top of the filling and add a little more almond or coconut on top
before baking for 15-20 minutes, until the crumble is golden brown on top.
6. Serve hot with ice cream as dessert , with coconut yoghurt or almond milk for breakfast.
Cover and enjoy the rest of the week cold or reheated.
*If you don’t have an orange on hand, use a lemon instead for the filling.
*Make smaller individual portions by splitting the filling and crumble into separate
*bake the remainder of the crumble not used on a baking sheet and use as granola.